The natural life of humans function in a variety of sectors, or domains. A domain is defined as “a field of action, thought, or influence.” Modern Sociologists name a number of naturally functioning domains of society such as Art, Law, Commerce, Healthcare, and Agriculture, to name a few.
When Jesus lived in Israel, he was a participant in multiple domains as a Carpenter, a Rabbi, a family member, and a neighbor.
Jesus’ final charge to all of his followers was to go and make further disciples; students of Jesus. If we are to embrace his charge, we are well served to integrate ourselves into society just as Jesus did. Jesus did not retreat; he engaged. A seamless opportunity to integrate and engage is by maximizing the skill-set and talent that God has provided for you (i.e. a teacher, an auto-mechanic, a truck driver, or a financial services analyst) and mobilizing yourself into society by way of its domains.
At HELP, we have identified six domains that are both high priority and highly accessible in Nigeria, while recognizing sustainable partnership opportunities from people (just like you) from around the world. The domains that HELP works in are Agriculture, Healthcare, Education, Social Welfare, Business, and Civil Society; and each domain has a vision for making disciples through sustainable partnerships.
- Know your invitation and opportunity to make disciples
- Identify what domain you work in locally
- Mobilize your skills to build sustainable partnerships with locals globally in Nigeria
The vision of HELP is very simple, to make disciples of Jesus through sustainable partnerships in the domains of West Africa…we hope you will join in!
The Business Domain makes disciples of Jesus by partnering with local entrepreneurs who either own their own business, or wish to enter into a partnership to begin a self-sustaining enterprise. In four years, the HELP micro-finance program, within the Business domain, has opened up countless opportunities for new businesses, training, and micro-capital for business expansion. Most of these participants are ladies who are coming from diverse cultural Christian, Muslim, or Animist backgrounds.
The Business Domain has a very specific and hope-filled vision over the next 10 years:
- Self-Sustaining Micro Financial Services Program serving Yagba West with multiple product offerings
- HELP Micro-Enterprise in Egbe to include a Farm, Pure Water Factory, and Handicrafts manufacturing
- Establish The Center for Business Training to deliver excellent micro-enterprise training with a focus on sustainability
If you are interested in partnering with the Business domain by capitalizing with small loans, and/or by going on an Explorer Trip, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Domain makes disciples of Jesus by partnering with children who come from empty or broken homes in Nigeria, and are ready to be a part of a growing family. The spiritual, emotional, educational and physical growth of our children at the HELP Care Center (Orphanage) has been a joy to be a part of since its opening in 2008, as has the partnership of people around the world who have chosen to sponsor each of these dynamic children.
The Social Domain has a very specific, and hope-filled vision over the next 10 years:
- Open two other Care Centers in locations within Kogi State
- Develop an innovative Life Development Process for all Care Center children from the time they are 13 until and through graduation
- Establish the Center for Widow Training in Egbe, with a sharp focus on Adult Literacy, Vocational Training, and basic Home Economics
If you are interested in partnering with the Social domain by sponsoring a child click here, and/or by going on an Explorer Trip, please contact us by calling 817.581.7875, or email us at email@example.com.
The Education Domain makes disciples of Jesus through establishing a sustainable culture of educational excellence utilizing the vast local educational opportunities. HELP founded and has operated the Good Shepherd Primary School since 2005 in the town of Okoloke, Kogi State; just outside of Egbe. What originally began as a nomadic school to the Fulani people, has transitioned into a Private School, to be run by the local community, that accepts students from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds. Recently, HELP began assisting other local communities who wish to establish their own schools. HELP also partners with Heritage College in Egbe where the Care Center children attend school.
The Education Domain has a very specific and hope-filled vision over the next 10 years:
- Local School Collaborative – 3 Satellite Schools in Surrounding Communities
- Innovate and Publish Homeschooling Process for Young Care Center Children
- Establish The Center for Adult Educational Excellence to train Adults in lifelong learning and literacy
If you are interested in partnering with the Education domain through investing Education expertise, sponsoring Educational initiatives, and/or by going on an Explorer Trip, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Civil Society Domain makes disciples of Jesus through direct engagement of locals with the life-giving reality and message of Jesus Christ. The agile Civil Society Domain team on the ground has the capabilities of speaking multiple languages, in multiple contexts, through which God has opened up genuine breakthroughs for His gospel. The Civil Society Domain constantly researches and deploys innovative, “front door” approaches to being the “beautiful feet who bring good news”. This team mounts their small motorcycles each week to build relationships with peoples of all backgrounds and faiths.
The Civil Society Domain has a very specific and hope-filled vision over the next 10 years:
- Complete, Reproducible Discipleship Process/Strategy outline.
- 50 Reproducing, Self-Supporting, Indigenous Church Plants in Yagbaland
- Continual Discipleship Training for all Believers, New and Old.
If you are interested in partnering with the Civil Society Domain through supporting Outreach initiatives, and/or by heading out into the Bush on an Explorer Trip, please email us at email@example.com.
The Healthcare Domain makes disciples of Jesus through providing excellence and compassionate healthcare to locals. Egbe is home to one of the most historic hospitals in Nigeria; the ECWA Egbe Hospital. Egbe has been known as a regional hub for healthcare for 60 years, and now with a partnership from the Campion family and Samaritan’s Purse, Egbe is set to reestablish itself as a center for Healthcare Excellence. HELP has an ongoing partnership with the Egbe Hospital, and its adjoining School of Nursing and Midwifery. Many participants on HELP Explorer trips with a Medical background spend a lot time investing into the Egbe Hospital; which is why we are excited to offer new vision opportunities in the future.
The Healthcare Domain has a very specific and hope-filled vision over the next 10 years:
- Deepen our level of partnership with the Egbe Hospital via training, capital equipment improvements, and collaboration with Spring Of Life HIV/AIDS clinic
- Fully developed Primary Mobile Clinic
- Sustainable Sanitation System in Egbe
If you are interested in partnering with the Healthcare domain through supporting future vision projects, and/or by engaging in Healthcare on an Explorer Trip, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Agriculture Domain (known simply as “Agric” in Nigeria) makes disciples of Jesus through initiating agriculture partnerships and initiatives that have sustainable impact locally in a variety of channels. In Nigeria, and throughout West Africa, most citizens know how to farm, thus finding locals to mobilize is not difficult. The challenge comes in scaling the efforts of locals to innovate the expansion that would have serious impact on extreme poverty utilizing the skill that their collective society knows best. Our newly established partnership of the Aje-Yemi/HELP animal husbandry Farm, which opened in 2014, has provided jobs and foods for many people in Egbe and the surrounding communities. Whether it is livestock or crops, this domain holds serious potential for discipleship and growth.
The Agriculture Domain has a very specific and hope-filled vision over the next 10 years:
- Increasing production to full capacity on the Aje-Yemi/HELP Farm by 2016
- Establish a Full Production Feed Mill for the purchasing of needed crops from local farmers
- Establish the Center for Agricultural Training to teach Agricultural scale and sustainability
If you are interested in partnering with the Agriculture domain through supporting ongoing Agriculture projects, and/or by engaging in Agriculture on an Explorer Trip, email us at email@example.com.